- Consolidated sales of 4,767 million euros, up 22% (up 13% on a like-for-like basis)
- Original equipment sales of 4,174 million euros, up 21%, or up 13% on a like-for-like basis representing an outperformance of 8 percentage points compared with global automotive production:
- Europe: up 12%(1), 6 percentage points higher than automotive production
- China: up 25%(1), 18 percentage points higher than automotive production, driven in particular by strong growth with Chinese customers, which accounted for more than 40% of sales in the country in the first quarter of the year. This pace of growth will enable the Group to double its sales in China over the next four years
- Asia excluding China: up 6%(1), 1 percentage point higher than automotive production. After taking into account the consolidation of Ichikoh as from February 1, 2017, original equipment sales in the region were up 38%(2)
- North America: up 11%(1), 9 percentage points higher than automotive production
- South America: up 16%(1), 5 percentage points higher than automotive production
- Aftermarket sales up 19% (up 8% on a like-for-like basis)
Based on the following assumptions:
- an increase in global automotive production of between 1.5% and 2%;
- raw material prices and exchange rates in line with current levels.
Valeo confirms its objectives for 2017:
- sales growth outperforming the market by more than 5 percentage points;
- a slight increase in operating margin(3) (as a % of sales and before acquisitions).